Indira Gandhi National Open University is popularly called IGNOU; it is one of the largest university in the world. This university was established by the act of Indian Parliament in 1985, IGNOU have earned world wide reconization.
Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar College, Belonia has IGNOU Study Centre (2607). It was started in March 2003 under regional centre Agartala, West Tripura. It is the only centre in whole South Tripura District. There are various courses available in this centre.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
- Master of Arts in English (MEG)
- Master of Arts in History (MAH)
- Master of Arts in Sociology (MSO)
- Master of Arts in Rural Development (MARD)
- Master of Arts in Political Science (MPS)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME (BDP)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Preparatory Programme (BPP)
DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Environment and Sustainable Development (GDESD)
- Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
Every year two admission sessions are available, one in January and another in July session. In an average nearly 250 to 300 students take enrollment in this study centre. The pass percentage is about 75%. Presently 878 learners are enrolled in ICV College, Belonia study centre. Other than this, the study centre has organized workshops and practice teaching for Diploma in elementary education (D.EL.ED) in different school in Belonia with the permission of South District zonal education office Belonia South Tripura.